Apr 5, 2010

To live a life of Robert Hood


“Typically, I get up, start my day with prayer, have a cup of coffee, read scriptures from the Bible. In Spring and Summer there’s a lot of yard work to do, so I tend to cutting the acres, there’s a tractor mower that I might get on, and I put on my hat, my farming gear. I might work out, too. Do a couple of push-ups and sit-ups, then move into the studio and do some studio work in the afternoon.”

That sounds like quite a contrast to the super-urban music you produce. Do you feel the serene surroundings add a kind of balance to your sound?

“Yeah, it’s a surreal kind of balance. I got so complacent and used to the city landscape and the sounds of the city. You know, looking outside the window and seeing certain activities take place. It sort of got stale. Now this quiet, laidback environment is kind of surreal. When I’m listening to sounds, I’ve slowed down a lot more; I take my time in my musical approach and try to really focus more. Things that go on in the city can be a distraction. It’s almost like being retired here, I feel I have all the time in the world to concentrate on music.”

Robert Hood for Factmag HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment